CCpulse Thresholds and Actions – A simple workaround.

CCPulse is not as boring as CCplus you know? (Now C++ guys plz dont curse me 🙁 ) Its worth playing around… We will look at a small example which uses thresholds and actions..

The requirement is:
CCPulse has a view which shows State of the agent. When agent in on state ‘Call inbound’ for:
0-24 seconds = The state ‘callinbound’ should be in normal colour
25-85 seconds = Yellow Colour
85 and above = Red colour

Solution:
To begin with, go to threshold wizard (asking me where is it? Goto tools menu) and on the object type side, select ‘Agent’. Then select Newscript and click next. Give the name for the threshold say Yellow. In the Threshold script box, type the condition required:

if Threshold.Statvalue >= 25 and Threshold.Statvalue <= 84 then
Threshold.Result = true
End If

Test and finish. (If you dont test you may not get the finish button.. so dont break your head with the disabled button 🙂 ) .
Now its time to get into action.. I mean action wizard. Create a new action script say yellow and in the ‘Action Script’ type as:

CCPulseNotifier.SetColor(Color.Yellow)

Now repeat the same for Red script except that the condition and color in action should differ:

if Threshold.Statvalue > 85 then
Threshold.Result = true
End IF

For the ‘Red’ action:
CCPulseNotifier.SetColor(Color.Red)

Now go to the CCpulse view and right-click on the statistic ‘CallInbound’, select ‘set threshold’. Apply Yellow threshold and yellow action and similar for Red. Drop a inbound call on the agent and watch the statistic. It should change the colour like a chameleon 🙂 .

Cheers!!
Gururaj S

(Visited 391 times, 5 visits today)

Comments: 33

1. miguel May 22, 2009 at 12:46 pm Reply

I need create an Sound action Can you helpme

2. miguel May 22, 2009 at 12:46 pm Reply

I need create an Sound action Can you helpme

3. bridge June 16, 2009 at 10:29 pm Reply

Is this miquel from Leeds?

4. Gururaj S June 18, 2009 at 11:11 am Reply

Hi miguel ,

I hope all VB script command will work and you may have to find out the correct vb script commands for generating sound..

5. Gururaj S June 18, 2009 at 11:11 am Reply

Hi miguel ,

6. Juan Pablo Lara January 26, 2016 at 7:52 pm Reply

i cant do this, i can only do it on the number of calls received but in the state column where the agent is handling the call, it doesnt take the Threshold.. i know its been a while shice this but any assistance wuold be appreciated.

• blakshmikanth January 28, 2016 at 2:35 pm Reply

Please send me your scenario details to test it.

7. Conrado Mauricio Will January 29, 2016 at 11:41 am Reply

Great job with your post, really awesome and helpfull. But i am trying to add a threshold which compare the contacts offered and handled then highlight if they are differents. Is that even possible?

• blakshmikanth July 12, 2016 at 1:06 pm Reply

Apologies, I missed this comment. To answer your question, it is possible to highlight difference between contacts offered and handled. In order to achieve this, included contacts offered and answered statistical type in your report template and add formula stat as below

8. Conrado Mauricio Will January 29, 2016 at 11:41 am Reply

• blakshmikanth July 12, 2016 at 1:06 pm Reply

9. Jordan Reich March 1, 2016 at 3:26 pm Reply

Where do you find this –

right-click on the statistic ‘CallInbound’, select ‘set threshold’.

Thanks

• blakshmikanth March 1, 2016 at 3:40 pm Reply

From View Menu -> Select Tree View -> Expand Statistics -> Right click on required statistics to set threshold. Please refer to screenshot below as sample. Hope it helps.

10. Prathamesh July 4, 2016 at 7:19 am Reply

Hi,
    I’m getting the error while trying to set the threshold. I’ve attached the screenshot for reference, please help. Also I monitor ACW or Not Ready above a minute, what values do I set?

Please help me with the condition required separately for ACW & Not Ready.

• blakshmikanth July 12, 2016 at 9:59 am Reply

It was missing ‘then’ keyword in the script. I updated post now to show the changes.Please find the attached for details.

• blakshmikanth July 12, 2016 at 10:24 am Reply

For NotReady or ACW, create new stat as shown below and you can apply threshold. Hope this helps.

11. Prathamesh July 4, 2016 at 7:19 am Reply

Hi,

Please help me with the condition required separately for ACW & Not Ready.

• blakshmikanth July 12, 2016 at 10:24 am Reply

12. Alf August 8, 2016 at 1:40 pm Reply

Hi. Is it possible to combine thresholds?
    I want to have action levels for the CurrentAgentState.
    Right now i set them to be red but would like to be dependent on the duration as well. So when it is NotReadyForNextCall <120 I want it to be orange for example.
    Is that possible to do in one Threshold?

• Alf August 8, 2016 at 2:18 pm Reply

Solved already.. Thanks

13. Alf August 16, 2016 at 8:37 am Reply

Hi.
    Has anybody made a filter on a skill level? Customer wants to split out the number of answered calls per VQ by the skill level. Is this possible?

• blakshmikanth August 16, 2016 at 1:24 pm Reply

It is possible by attaching skill level information with call and using filter. For example, if skill level is less than 3, you can attach key value pair ‘skill_level = low’ and create filter for skill level.

14. Alf August 16, 2016 at 8:37 am Reply

Hi.

• blakshmikanth August 16, 2016 at 1:24 pm Reply

• Alf August 17, 2016 at 9:24 am Reply

That would work.. Thank you.
        Now I want to show the skill that was targeted for the call that an agent is handling. There is a userdata value of KeyTargetSkill that we could use to show this. But how would I present this in a view?

15. Michelle Naidoo September 13, 2016 at 6:54 am Reply

How will you apply percentage threshold for the likes of Service levels & Abandon rate?

16. Michelle Naidoo September 13, 2016 at 6:54 am Reply

17. Neville S September 26, 2016 at 10:16 pm Reply

How to setup threshold for calls in queue… Thanx

18. Neville S September 26, 2016 at 10:16 pm Reply

How to setup threshold for calls in queue… Thanx

19. Alf August 28, 2017 at 12:10 pm Reply

Hi. I would like to show the switch or the mediatype the agent is logged in for. Really I want to show only the chat logins which I can’t do now because it is a virtual agent group. How can I filter out the agents that are logged in for chat? Extended Status shows it but would like the view to show only those agents. Any ideas?