CCPulse – Very powerful but less popular feature

Do you know that you can use JScript language to build custom statistics in Genesys CCPulse application? In my opinion, this is very powerful feature in CCPulse, allowing to customise basic statistics, integrate with external applications/databases and thus, allowing you to build your own performance management solution.

Instead of making use of this feature, I have seen engineers spending many days in modifying routing strategies and developing reports whereas it as simple task of creating CCPulse templates. This article is to help them to develop custom reports in CCPulse Smile

Using JScript language

JScript is the Microsoft implementation of the ECMA 262 language specification (ECMAScript Edition 3).  While defining custom statistics, you can use the arithmetic operators and delimiters available in this language, including: + / * – . ? : == ( ) ; != +=

Please refer to the following link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hbxc2t98(v=vs.84).aspx

Using Predefined Statistics and Objects

To use this feature, make sure you set ‘ExtendedCurrentStatus’ configuration in CCPulse+ application to ‘true’

CCPulse+ uses the following syntax for referencing basic statistics in formulas:

ccpulse.group(“StatisticGroupName”).statistic(“StatisticName”);

The trailing semicolon is optional. CCPulse+ includes the name of the statistic group to distinguish the statistic, in case another statistic of the same name exists in another statistical group. If either StatisticGroupName or StatisticName contains no spaces, CCPulse+ drops the corresponding group
and statistic delimiters, the parentheses, and the double quotes:

ccpulse.StatisticGroupName.StatisticName

Using above, you can add calls queued statistics from Inbound Queue, Transfer Queue and CallBack Queue and present it as ONE value so that it is easy to understand and action against it for call center managers.

Can you connect to Database?

Yes, as CCPulse+ uses JScript language,  you can easily connect to database to retrieve/update/insert values in database. In the below example, I connect to SQL Server database to list skills associated with the agent in CCPulse.

CCPulse View

Agent view with current skill in CCPulse

Agent View in CCPulse

Script to view current skill associated with the agent

(Visited 130 times, 2 visits today)

Tagged: , , , , ,

Comments: 38

1. […] months ago, I wrote an post about Genesys CCPulse powerful feature (Read here) and explained how JScript language can be used to show various other details within CCPulse. Last […]

2. […] my post about Genesys CCPulse’s powerful and least used feature, I showed example of using JScript  language to retrieve skill details from Configuration […]

3. Genesys CCPulse - Show User Data October 10, 2014 at 12:05 pm Reply

[…] my recent posts, I talked about Genesys CCPulse and its powerful feature (here, here and here). Continuing the series, I try to answer one of the most wanted feature in […]

4. rajnish May 15, 2015 at 12:55 pm Reply

Hello Lakshmikanth,

Where do we need to put this script to get skill and skill level? Can you please share your ID to my ID:[email protected], So that i can write you when i need your help in regards.

Thanks,

Rajnish

• blakshmikanth May 18, 2015 at 4:25 pm Reply

In CCPulse Template wizard, create new ‘Formula’ field and populate it with the above script. You can contact me here by leaving comment or in linked in (https://www.linkedin.com/in/blakshmikanth)

• savio June 24, 2015 at 4:36 am Reply

hi Lakshmikanth,
        i need to set a script that highlights ACW upto 180 seconds in green , between 181 and 299 seconds in yellow and 300 seconds and greater in red using the SDNAN option of “aftercallwork”

• rajnish July 13, 2016 at 5:58 am Reply

Thanks for your reply.. I have got this working. But is there a way, to get AGentGroup Name and store it into variable under javascript. e.g, I need to create a view for all members of AgentGroup:-SPanish_CS, so how can we store value:-Spanish_CS into a variable in CCPulse formula/Script for further query in config DB.

Thanks,
        Rajnish

• blakshmikanth July 13, 2016 at 1:40 pm Reply

You can use state.AgentGroupID to get Agent group name. Please note that I wrote this blog to highlight powerful feature in CCPulse and definitely don’t recommend querying configuration database for CCPulse. Try to avoid any load on configuration database as much as possible.

5. Patrick Leahy June 26, 2015 at 6:48 am Reply

This is a simple technique in CCP. Glad Lakshmikanth addressed it for you. If you need to hire someone with extensive experience with CCP, please let me know.

6. Nishant Tank July 7, 2015 at 2:47 pm Reply

Hi Lucky

If I have to use this logic but against the Calling List object instead, what should be replaced for the below to refer to the calling list object?

var strEmpl = state.AgentID;

• Nats March 25, 2016 at 11:13 am Reply

Hi Lucky

I have a similar need to access Queue Group Name and Virtual Agent Group name using Javascript. Can you please advice on what object name should be used to access them

Thanks,
      Nats

• blakshmikanth March 30, 2016 at 12:38 pm Reply

For virtual queue, use ‘DN’ and agent group ‘AgentGroupID’ to get required details.

7. SAVIO MIRANDA November 17, 2015 at 3:34 am Reply

is there a way that i can get cc pulse to display SL in real time?

8. Saurabh Sahu January 4, 2017 at 9:36 am Reply

Hi @blakshmikanth:disqus

I have an overall of 5.8 years of experience in IVR Testing, I am looking forward to more learn about Genesys,CTI to enhance my skills, Could you please guide me where to start and what to study and what are the references?

Thanks in Advance.
    Saurabh

9. Dorian-Grim January 6, 2017 at 5:51 pm Reply

For Can you connect to Database?

You must add an available statistic, for the custom formula to display anything else it will display n/a

• blakshmikanth January 6, 2017 at 6:26 pm Reply

Yes, you need to get agent id from an available statistic to use in your query.

10. Dorian-Grim January 6, 2017 at 5:51 pm Reply

For Can you connect to Database?

• blakshmikanth January 6, 2017 at 6:26 pm Reply

Yes, you need to get agent id from an available statistic to use in your query.

• Dorian-Grim January 6, 2017 at 6:36 pm Reply

Wow, such promptitude. Nah, I altered the syntax a bit. But hey, your article is really useful.

I want to ask you something else, if you don’t mind answering here. I need the switch name inside a formula. Can it be done?

• Dorian-Grim January 7, 2017 at 11:13 am Reply

I woke up this morning, and took a look at my question and I don’t even make sense of it. I’ll reformulate: I basically am calculating the SL using the group of queues object type. And I need the group of queues name inside the template somehow. prepaid_vqs in this case, please take a look at the screenshot

• blakshmikanth January 8, 2017 at 9:33 pm

Interesting question. I am aware that we can get agent group information but never tried queue group before. I will explore this in the lab and let you know.

• Dorian-Grim January 9, 2017 at 8:24 am

I am doing this:
            var test2 = “”;
            for (var prop in this)
            {
            test2 += prop+”|”;
            }
            test2;
            and the output is test2:
            ccpulse|state|result|Debug|test2|prop|
            changing the object this to any of the objects enumerated above, results in test2 being blank…

It’s not looking nice for me 🙁

• Dorian-Grim January 11, 2017 at 12:04 pm

blankshmikanth, I am coming to think it can not be done, since inside custom statistics, custom formulas, you can’t use the GetString function, only numerical functions…

I would hate applying filters for this…

Have you had any luck in your lab?

11. JGC June 8, 2017 at 6:26 am Reply

Can this be run against an Oracle db also?

• blakshmikanth June 8, 2017 at 10:03 am Reply

Yes, you need Oracle database driver installed on the system and use oracle connection string. For oracle connection string, you can find details here – https://www.connectionstrings.com/oracle/

• JGC June 8, 2017 at 2:19 pm Reply

Many thanks for that information – I have managed to get past the connection section now, however I get an error with the rs.open(query,conn,0,1,1); – is there any alternatives and what is this actually doing at this point,,,, is it running the query against the connection db?

• blakshmikanth June 9, 2017 at 9:19 am Reply

Before calling, add below code to explicitly open connection with oracle database.

var connStr =
          var conn = new ActiveXObject(“ADODB.Connection”>
          conn.open connStr

If it fails, it is most likely due to incorrect connection string.

• blakshmikanth June 8, 2017 at 10:03 am Reply

12. JGC June 8, 2017 at 6:26 am Reply

Can this be run against an Oracle db also?